This Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad combines spring and summer with all of the complementary ingredients. Mix watermelon and chicken for a spring and summer vibe. Mix the bitterness of balsamic vinegar and the peppery radish microgreens for the perfect combination in this salad.
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach or greens
- 1 cup Radish Microgreens
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sliced or crushed almonds
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the balsamic vinegar is significantly reduced and starting to become syrupy.
- Meanwhile, turn a grill or nonstick skillet to high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning on both sides and drizzle with the olive oil. Transfer to the hot grill and cook until no longer pink on the inside and nicely browned on the outside. Let rest for 5 minutes; cut into cubes.
- Layer the spinach and radish microgreens with the chicken, watermelon, blue cheese, almonds, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction to taste. Top with additional olive oil if desired.