This Summer Squash Saute is a great way to prepare your vegetables this season. With different added spices and vegetables, you can completely change the flavor profile. Switch what you put in every time you make this recipe and find the version that works best for you and your family!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 pounds summer squash and/or zucchini cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place squash in a colander set in the sink or over a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Let squash stand 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove as much excess moisture as possible (do not rinse).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a large dry skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisptender, about 5 minutes. Fold in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Fold in almonds.