|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 oz ziti or penne pasta
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 bell pepper medium
- 10 oz mushrooms
- 1 zucchini small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese small curd
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Fresh Basil optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the vegetables into small pieces. Place the vegetables in a casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil, and add salt/pepper/dried oregano to taste. Bake the vegetables for about 10 minutes (or until they start getting soft).
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside.
- Layer half of everything as follows: pasta, pasta sauce, vegetables, cottage cheese, mozzarella. Repeat a second layer of everything in the casserole dish.
- Top the casserole dish with parmesan and fresh basil (optional).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!