If green is the color of well-being, then this soup is a health bomb. Roasting the vegetables serves to infuse each spoonful with smoky flavor, beans add body, feta offers salty richness, and microgreens provide a sense of spring freshness. Other little greens such as mustard, arugula, clover, and radish will also be most welcomed in this blend.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbc Extra virgin olive oil Flavor infused optional
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups Microgreens - The GREENSTED Recommends: 1 cup Sunflower Shoots, 1 cup Zesty Mix Reserve some Zesty Mix for garnish
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup navy beans, canned or cooked
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 3 tbs sunflower seeds, roasted and unsalted
- 2 tbs Red or White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 F and place a rimmed baking sheet in oven as it heats. Toss broccoli, onion, and garlic with oil and salt. Spread out on hot baking sheet and roast until broccoli is darkened in spots, about 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Place broth, roasted vegetables, microgreens, feta, beans, lemon juice, and chili powder (if using) in blender or food processor container and blend until smooth. Warm soup in saucepan, and thin as needed with additional broth or water.
- Serve soup garnished with additional Zesty Mix microgreens and feta, sunflower seeds, and a drizzle of Red or White Balsamic Vinaigrette.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Broccoli Microgreen Soup”
Where are the microgreens in this soup? Thank you.
Mid-way thru the Ingredients list – The GREENSTED recommends Sunflower Shoots and/or Zesty Mix microgreens.