This french breakfast radish with eggs your way is the perfect way to add some vegetables to your meal in the mornings. With the radishes having a mild peppery flavor, it will nicely compliment the eggs that are cooked your way. Pick up some radishes and try out this recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch French Breakfast Radish (6-7 radishes) Sliced in half lengthwise
- 1-2 Ramps or Spring Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme or other fresh herb of choice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg – cooked your way
- 1 piece of bread or bagel toasted
- 1 handful of microgreens of choice
- In a skillet heat the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced radishes and sauté for 3-4 minutes til starting to soften.
- Add chopped ramps or green onions, thyme, salt and pepper continuing to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Taste to adjust seasoning if desired.
- While radishes are cooking, cook your egg as you prefer – poached, scrambled, fried or hard boiled (cook prior to making the radish).
- To serve – place toast or bagel on a plate, top with radish mixture and egg. Sprinkle microgreens on top. Enjoy!