|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber cut into bite size pieces
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 6 oz sugar snap peas thinly sliced
- 2 pieces bread your choice
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup tender herb leaves and stems (dill, mint, basil, and/or parsley)
- 4 oz feta
- Finely grate garlic and the zest of 1 lemon into a large bowl. Slice both lemons in half and squeeze their juice into the bowl. Add buttermilk and 6 Tbsp. oil and whisk to combine. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, scallions, and peas to dressing and toss well to combine. Let sit while you fry the bread and asparagus.
- Pour remaining 2 Tbsp. oil into a skillet large enough to lay bread flat. Add bread and set over medium heat. Cook, undisturbed, until golden brown and crisp underneath, about 5 minutes. Turn bread over and cook just to lightly fry on the other side, about 2 minutes. Season both sides of bread with salt. Tear bread into bite size pieces and add to salad.
- Arrange asparagus in same skillet, season with salt, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until bright green and blistered in some spots, but still crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus, herbs, and feta to salad and toss.