This Open-Face Caprese Sandwich will melt in your mouth. The fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes perfectly complement each other. A bit of zest is added with the arugula but is tamed by the sunflower shoots. Try this recipe the next time you are feeling a little adventurous.
- 2 slices Lunds & Byerly's Minnesota Nice Artisan Bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cubed
- 2 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Shoots
- Brush bread with olive oil and grill 1-2 minutes per side over medium heat. To cook on the stovetop: heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook bread 1-2 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, 1 tbsp, and balsamic glaze. Add salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat. On toasted bread, layer arugula, sunflower shoots, and caprese mixture; garnish with chiffonade of basil.