The Greensted has been known for high quality microgreens for 6 years. Microgreens go great on salads, of course. Our Wacky Salad greens mix has gained popularity this past three years. So let us introduce The Wacky Salad with Microgreens, the star of this easy, and delicious salad recipe. The Champagne dressing is light and refreshing. This makes a festive holiday salad, or any day salad.
|Prep Time||20-30 Minutes|
- 1 6oz bag The Wacky Salad Greens with Microgreens
- 2 ounces The Greensted microgreens Suggested Classy Classic
- 2 medium navel oranges peeled and sliced into sections removing membrane
- 4 ounces pistachios shelled, roasted and salted (about a scant cup)
- 4 ounces dried, unsweetened Cranberries PRO TIP – plump cranberries for 15 min. in scant ½ cup warmed orange juice before adding to salad.
- 2 small Avocados peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled (about a scant 1/2 cup)
- 5 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey locally sourced highly recommended
- 3 1/2 teaspoons champagne vinegar or other favorite infused vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place salad greens w/microgreens and additional microgreens in a large serving bowl OR spread on large platter leaving center open. Choose an interesting serving plate, platter, shaped dish for holiday or special occasion serving. Note: if plating individually, place ingredients equally on plates, hand-pass dressing.
- Arrange orange slices, pistachios and dried cranberries over top of greens.
- Arrange avocado slices on top; sprinkle feta cheese crumbles. (If making ahead, hold on avocados and feta cheese until just before serving).
- For dressing, whisk together orange juice, honey, champagne vinegar olive oil, Dijon mustard, cinnamon, lemon juice, salt until the salt has dissolved and the dressing is emulsified. Add freshly ground pepper per taste preference.
- Dress salad just before serving OR put dressing in a small serving dish, placing dish in the middle of the large platter with the salad for a pretty presentation.
Make-ahead tips: Prep salad a day ahead. Have the oranges cut, and all of the components measured and ready. Refrigerate in separate, covered containers. Whisk together dressing and store in refrigerator (whisk the dressing again just prior to serving). Assemble just prior to serving.