This recipe for Lion's Mane Mushroom Crab Cakes will have you loving mushrooms. Lion's Mane Mushrooms are known for helping anxiety and depressions, inflammation, immunity, and brain support. They are used in many five star restaurants for their resemblance in taste and texture to sea foods like lobster. These mushrooms can be prepared in many ways, from frying them in butter until golden brown to making them into crab cakes. The possibilities are endless!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 minutes|
- 8 oz Lion's Mane mushroom
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon oil to fry cakes
- Hand shred Lion's Mane Mushroom into small pieces resembling texture of flakey crab.
- In large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, parsley (finely chopped), salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in Lion's Mane Mushroom until fully incorporated.
- Mix in Panko breadcrumbs until fully incorporated.
- Form mixture into 3-4 equal size round flat patties (about ½ to ¾ inch thick).
- Heat oil in sauté pan on medium/high heat.
- Cook patties for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Should be golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Add optional garnish, squeeze of lemon, or tartar sauce if you prefer.