|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 bacon strips coarsely chopped
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add carrots and squash to drippings; cook, covered over medium heat 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in seasonings. Add tomatoes and kale; cook, covered, until kale is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Top with bacon.