Microgreens have been used for a dozen or more years by chefs and culinary artists. Primarily seen as a “garnish” or bit of beauty or flavor pop on a plate, microgreens are emerging as a food and nutritious entity all their own. It’s exciting! More recipes and ideas are emerging frequently that you and I can enjoy making and serving to family and friends, right in our own kitchens. I recently tried this easy, yummilicous guacamole that was met with rave reviews by my kids and husband.
Grab a couple of avocados and get started!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 2 Avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Sunflower Shoots roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Salsa mild, medium or hot
- Jalapeno peppers, chili peppers, ghost peppers as desired
- Place avocado, lime juice, and salt in bowl and mash into a chunky mixture.,
- Roughly chop sunflower shoots.
- Stir in sunflower shoots, red onion and salsa.
- Enjoy with chips, fresh vegetables, on a sandwich or wrap. Use immediately. If storing, keep tightly wrapped or covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: https://www.alive.com/recipe/sunflower-guacamole/ Each serving contains: 191 calories; 4 g protein; 15 g total fat (2 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 15 g total carbohydrates (1 g sugars, 7 g fibre); 157 mg sodium